One of our all time fav missionaries is going home and we shall really miss him. This morning we had 6 elders (2 from Elyria and one of them is also returning home) for breakfast. Our Elder Reece Ravsten requested biscuits and gravy so I added these potatoes which were excellent and eggs and bacon (as per requested by another elder). But these potatoes I will make again
6 Medium Potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of Beef or Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in 1 inch cubes and place in a bowl with the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder then toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- In a medium pot, pour the broth & butter together, bring to a simmer.
- Add the coated potatoes in and bring to a boil for 5-8 minutes, stirring gently until slightly tender.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking dish with the broth/butter mixture, making sure the potatoes are not overlapping each other, spread them out into one layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese & gently mix to ensure they are all coated.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp.
- Flip once with a spatula during cooking to ensure even crisping.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste & serve hot.