Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Spinach Sauce Recipe
Recipe type: main dish
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook according to package directions. Drain tortellini but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, spinach, and spices in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sauce begins to bubble.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the flour, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Cook on low heat, stirring, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add both the tomato spinach sauce and the milk sauce to the tortellini in a casserole dish. Stir to coat, and then top with grated Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dig in!
Found here: http://betterinbulk.net/2012/10/cheese-tortellini-in-tomato-spinach-sauce.html