Not being Mexican, thinking about Cynco de Mayo Day isn't on my agenda. BUT, this recipe was and it's perfect for today. We used to eat something similar , called Bubble Up Pizza, back in the day. But, sniff sniff, we only have 2 around the table these days so I bought the small can of biscuits. It'll work. Thanks Pillsbury!
1-1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 T taco seasoning mix
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Flaky layers refrigerated biscuits
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 vaocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 T chopped cilantro
1 medium lime, squeezed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350 F, Spray 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray
2. in a 12" skillet, cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; set aside.
3. Separate each can of dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into quarters. In large bowl, toss biscuit pieces with cooked ground beef and cheddar cheese. Pour into loaf pan.
4. Bake 35 minutes or until dark golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss tomato, onion, avocado, cilantrol, lime juice, salt and pepper
6. Cool bread in pan 5 minutes. Place lettuce mix on serving plate. Invert bread onto plate over lettuce.
7. Top with sour cream and tomato-avocado mixture. Serve immediately
You'll need a pile of napkins to wipe your fingers...they're going to get messy.
Tastes Like Chicken. Substitute shredded chicken for the ground beef in this recipe for a great flavor twist.
Top it Off! Don't feel limited in your toppings for this recipe! Feel free to add your favorite salsa, hot sauce, or other taco garnishes for a totally delicious meal or snack