Friday, September 17, 2010
Easy Apple Pie Foldover
When you don't want to bake a big pie, make a four-serving foldover that's every bit as scrumptious!
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (1 1/2 medium)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts
* In 2-quart saucepan, mix apples, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the water and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
* In small bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and salt. Gradually stir into apple mixture, cooking and stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes.
* Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Let pie crust pouch stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
* Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll crust on ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon cooled fruit mixture evenly onto half of crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
* In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over edge of crust. Fold untopped half of crust over apple mixture; firmly press edge to seal. Flute edge; cut small slits in several places in top crust. Brush top with remaining egg mixture.
* Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
6 medium bell peppers
2 cups cooked rice
1 lb. browned ground beef
1 onion chopped fine
1 can sloppy Joe mix
wash peppers and remove seeds. Cut each pepper into half lengthwise or stuff whole. boil in clear water 5 minutes. Remove and cool. Mix beef, rice and 1/2 can sloppy joe mix. Stuff mixture into each pepper half. Place into baking dish. Any remaining rice mixture can be spooned around the peppers in the dish. Mix remaining 1/2can sloppy joe mix with 1/2 can water. Pour over peppers. Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese for the last minute or two of baking.
Freeze already cooked without any trouble.