Sunday, December 13, 2009

Apple and Cheese Sandwiches…MMM NOM NOM


So this is a really simple sandwich, based on one of my favorite, if not my most favorite, meal:

A honey crisp apple, sliced swiss cheese and a fresh baguette.

With that said, most red and yellow apples work great for this, gala and macintosh apples fit nicely with cheddar, havarti, muenster and any crunchy and crsipy bread like hard italian rolls, ciabatta, and on a good day, a cuban roll. The sandwich above is on the baguette that I made earlier today, with a gala apple slice and a slice of havarti cheese.

So it goes like this:

bread
~1/4" slice apple
~1/4" slice cheese
bread

I've put onion in the sandwich as well but nine out of ten times I prefer the three ingredients.

This sandwich is heaven on earth.

1 comment: